Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shadows 4: Yours, Not Mine

© Chromeheart
Inks used: J. Herbin Terre de Feu,  F.W. Sepia

While spring cleaning, I came across a box of pretty collage papers that I'd acquired for another project.  The other project didn't pan out and I've always liked the look of altered books and scrappy art journals held together by little more than glue and string.

© Chromeheart

Since I'm not trying to impress anyone, any more, it might be nice to try mixed media collage myself rather than idly admiring other artists' work.  In the world of art college, it was an unspoken rule that Professional Artists didn't do amateurish hobby crafts if they wanted to be taken seriously.  I don't think visual journals should be so easily filed in the same category as paint by humber kits or stringing beads on wire according to a pattern someone else made.

Maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment