Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Shadows #1

© Chromeheart
Out of the inky 54th Massachusetts blue, the drawing bug bit me.
I'd taken an extended break from the blogosphere to write my novel--which, at my anticipated length of 95,000 words, is only 2/3 of the way done.  I'm a slow writer, but that's okay.  I write for me, not for anybody else.  Being that, I may as well savor the writing experience.  The familiar friction of pen to paper, every word a lonely fragment of a half-remembered dream.

© Chromeheart / Oscura Photography
As I've mentioned before, I mainly use facebook to follow a few dozen Italy-based photo blogs that post lovely images paired with poetic quotes for the better part of the day.  None of it's in English, but if I like the photo enough, I'll bung a functional translation and 'share' the whole shebang.  Often times, the quote pairing lends a depth of meaning to the photograph that I otherwise wouldn't have noted.  You can follow me on facebook as A Chrome Heart.

That's part of what I'm getting at here.
I know what this picture means to me, but that's a secret.  A shadow.  Oscura.  Chiaroscuro.
What does it say to you?  (you may reply in the comments, if you wish)



No comments:

Post a Comment