Friday, August 29, 2014

Maddy Rose

© Chromeheart
I haven't done a messy pen sketch (as opposed to a not-messy pen that has the ink inside of it) outside in a public space since Italy.  When I started using fountain pens, I decided that carrying ink bottles and dip pens and a cleanup kit around is too much hassle and the potential for an ink accident is too high.  Once upon a time I accidentally dumped a bottle of acrylic ink across my hands, my pants, and my watercolor block while sketching outside in this manner.  


This is hands down my favorite drawing pen.  If there is a non-messy pen that handles anything like this, I haven't found it yet.  It's a D. Leonardt mapping nib, purchased in Italy while I was studying abroad.  It's possible to find them in the states, but a bit difficult.  


Today's supplies: HB pencil, my favorite pen, F.W. Artist's Acrylic in Red Earth, a cappuccino, my Travelogue Handbook, and a small bottle of water for cleanup.  Cappuccino is totally an art supply.


(seriously, though, don't use an open ink bottle as a paperweight ESPECIALLY if it's windy)

No comments:

Post a Comment