Friday, September 13, 2013

Work table snapshot 9-13-13

© Chromeheart / Oscura Photography
Most of the drawing I've done lately has been pattern designs--for these little felt critters, slowly beginning to populate my etsy store.  (link above)

Designing a pattern like this can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, depending on the animal and the level of simplification required, with plenty of room for trial and error.  Example: the turkey (top left) was actually supposed to be an owl.  It was only after attaching the wings that I realized I made a turkey, in the perfect fall color scheme.

The flying bat and ghost are already available in my store, made to order, and the owl, turkey, and sleeping bat will be uploaded this weekend (sept. 14-15).  I'm currently working on a pattern design for a baby bat in a blanket, after the latest viral craze in the goth side of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment